Swishboom uses the personal network of families and babysitters to get babysitting jobs claimed.
Using your personal network to book sitters is 100% free. Just download the app and start adding your people.
We also work to help those without a network, by providing access to our Swishboom Verified Network for just $7.99 per month. Here is how we verify those sitters with the Verified Sitter Network.
**The Verified Sitter Network is launching in select cities in March 2022
Swishboom is available to families and babysitters in the US and Canada via the App Store and GooglePlay.
To babysit your personal network, you must be 16 years or older. This is the free app version.
To babysit on the Swishboom Verified Network, you must be 18 years or older. You can apply here.
When your personal network isn’t available, you can choose to have your job be seen by the Swishboom Verified Network.
The Swishboom Verified Network is a group of the best babysitters in your area. Prior to any babysitter joining, they go through our Verification Process
Booking sitters using your personal network (i.e families you know and your sitters) is always free for both families and sitters.
Babysitters never pay any fees to join Swishboom or when claiming a job. They get paid via Cash or Venmo at the completion of every job.
If a family wants to either expand their job to our Swishboom Verified Sitter Network or don’t have sitters, they can opt into our subscription plan of $7.99 per month.
No network? No problem.
We know many people don’t know sitters in their cities, so we have a solution for you.
Our Swishboom Verified Network allows families to get their jobs claimed by vetted sitters. It costs $7.99/month to get your jobs seen by our Verified Sitters.
Our vetting process DOES NOT include a background check, but rather the following parent-created verification process:
Social Media Check
Call Three (3) References; requiring positive feedback
Sex Offender Registry (State Specific)
If all the above are satisfied, the sitter will be invited to join Swishboom Verified Sitter Network.
You have to cancel your subscription through either Apple’s App Store or Google Play’s App Store.
We do not allow family members as references because we find they are not impartial when it comes to the individual. Some alternatives that we do accept are past or present bosses, coworkers, friends, community members, etc.
We thoroughly examine all instances of cancellations and no-shows, utilizing all available information to assess whether they have adversely affected the member's experience or compromised the platform's integrity. Each situation is evaluated individually, but we adhere to the following guidelines during our review process to identify problematic reliability concerns:
- Timing of the cancellation: The closer the cancellation occurs to the scheduled job, the more concerning it is, with no-shows being the most serious.
- First-time booking: Cancellations carry greater concern when the family and caregiver have worked together fewer times. Canceling on the first booking with a family or caregiver is considered the most serious.
- Reason provided: We evaluate cancellations and no-shows based on the explanation provided by the member.
Cancellations falling under the following categories are considered dismissible:
- Serious illness/health emergency
- Death/major illness in the family
- Extreme weather conditions posing a safety risk (hurricane, blizzard, wildfire, etc.)
In situations where the above circumstances are reported, our Support Team may request additional information.
At Swishboom, we have implemented a two-strike policy to ensure reliable and high-quality childcare services. If a sitter fails to fulfill their obligations in the following ways, a team member at Swishboom will assess whether a strike should be recorded:
- No-Show/Late Arrival: If a sitter does not show up for a scheduled job or arrives significantly late, it is considered a serious breach of reliability.
- Cancellation within 24 Hours: Canceling a job within 24 hours prior to the scheduled time can disrupt the family's plans and is considered an unreliable behavior.
- Diminished Quality of Childcare: If a sitter's performance significantly compromises the quality of childcare, such as neglecting their responsibilities or displaying unprofessional conduct, it will be taken into account during the assessment.
When any of the above actions occur, a team member from Swishboom will carefully review the situation and make a determination regarding the sitter's strike record. If it is determined that a strike is warranted, it will be recorded on the sitter's record.
Please note that strikes are recorded to maintain the highest standards of service and ensure the satisfaction and safety of our users. Sitters are expected to provide dependable and exceptional childcare at all times.
Our babysitting app is committed to providing a safe and reliable platform for families and sitters. To uphold these values, we have implemented a Zero Tolerance Policy for any behavior that compromises the well-being, safety, or integrity of our users. The following actions will result in immediate and permanent removal from our platform:
- Endangering the Safety of Children: Any act or omission that poses a direct threat to the safety, health, or well-being of the children under the sitter's care is strictly prohibited. This includes physical, emotional, or sexual abuse, neglect, or any form of harm inflicted upon the children.
- Criminal Offenses: Engaging in any criminal activity, including but not limited to theft, assault, fraud, substance abuse, or any offense involving minors, will result in immediate removal from the platform. We prioritize the safety and security of our users and have zero tolerance for criminal behavior.
- Misrepresentation and Falsification: Providing false information during the registration process, misrepresenting qualifications, credentials, or experience, or submitting fraudulent documents will lead to permanent removal from the platform. We strive for transparency and expect our sitters to be honest and trustworthy.
- Inappropriate Conduct: Engaging in any form of inappropriate conduct, harassment, discrimination, or making unwanted advances towards users of the app will not be tolerated. We prioritize creating a respectful and inclusive environment for all users.
- Violation of Privacy: Any unauthorized sharing, misuse, or disclosure of personal information of families, children, or other sitters is strictly prohibited. Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of our users is of utmost importance.
- Disregard for App Policies: Persistent violation of the app's policies, terms of service, or guidelines, including but not limited to repeated no-shows, excessive cancellations, or consistently providing subpar childcare services, will result in removal from the platform.
We take reports of these violations seriously. Our dedicated team will thoroughly investigate any reported incidents and take appropriate action, including contacting the relevant authorities when necessary.
By implementing a Zero Tolerance Policy, we strive to create a safe and trustworthy environment for families and sitters using our app. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and safety for all users.
At Swishboom, we understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise, leading to the need for a cancellation. However, we emphasize the importance of reliability and maintaining the trust of our families. As a Swishboom Verified Sitter, it is crucial to follow our cancellation policy to minimize inconvenience and provide transparency. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in removal from Swishboom's Verified Network, as outlined in our Two-Strike Policy.
When a Swishboom Verified Sitter needs to cancel a job, the following steps should be followed:
- Promptly Notify the Family: As soon as you become aware of the need to cancel a scheduled job, immediately reach out to the family involved. Communication is key, and it is essential to inform them as early as possible about the cancellation.
- Provide Reasoning for Cancellation: Clearly communicate the reason for the cancellation to the family. Honesty and transparency are valued qualities in our community. Sharing the valid and genuine reasons for your cancellation helps families understand the situation.
- Apologize and Express Regret: Express your sincere apologies to the family for the inconvenience caused by the cancellation. Demonstrating empathy and understanding can help maintain a positive relationship despite the cancellation.
It is important to note that if a Swishboom Verified Sitter cancels a job within 24 hours prior to the scheduled time, it may count as a strike against their record in accordance with our Two-Strike Policy. Multiple strikes may lead to removal from Swishboom's Verified Network.
We understand that emergencies and unforeseen circumstances can happen, but we encourage all Verified Sitters to prioritize reliability and communicate cancellations promptly and transparently. By adhering to this cancellation policy, we can uphold the trust and confidence of our families while ensuring the highest standards of service within our network.