Cookie decorating parties are a fun and delicious way to spend time with family and friends. Whether you're hosting a birthday party, a holiday gathering, or just looking for a fun activity to do with your kids, a cookie decorating party is the perfect way to bring everyone together. In this blog post, we'll share some tips on how to decorate cookies at home, easy kid-friendly recipes, fun cookie shapes and designs, and even how to incorporate a movie into your cookie decorating party.
How to decorate cookies at home
Decorating cookies at home is easy and fun. Here are some basic steps to follow:
- Start with a good cookie recipe. You can find many easy and delicious cookie recipes online, or you can use a pre-made cookie mix. Make sure to choose a recipe that is easy to work with and will hold its shape when baked.
- Gather your supplies. You'll need cookie cutters, icing, food coloring, and decorations like sprinkles, edible glitter, and candy.
- Roll out your cookie dough and cut out your shapes. Make sure to flour your surface and rolling pin to prevent sticking.
- Bake your cookies according to the recipe.
- Once your cookies are cooled, it's time to decorate! Mix your icing and food coloring and start decorating your cookies with your favorite decorations.
Easy kid recipes
If you're hosting a cookie decorating party with kids, it's important to choose recipes that are easy and fun to make. Here are some kid-friendly cookie recipes:
- Sugar cookies: These classic cookies are easy to make and can be cut into fun shapes.
- Chocolate chip cookies: Kids love chocolate chip cookies, and they're easy to make with a pre-made mix.
- Peanut butter cookies: These cookies are a fun twist on traditional sugar cookies and are easy to make with just a few ingredients.
Fun cookie shapes and designs
Cookie decorating is all about having fun and getting creative. Here are some fun cookie shapes and designs to try:
- Animal shapes: Use animal-shaped cookie cutters to make fun and cute cookies.
- Seasonal shapes: Cut out cookies in shapes like pumpkins, snowflakes, or hearts depending on the season.
- Custom shapes: If you can't find a cookie cutter you like, you can always make your own by shaping the dough with your hands.
Watch a movie and make cookies based on the movie
If you want to take your cookie decorating party to the next level, consider incorporating a movie into your party theme. Here's how:
- Choose a movie that everyone will enjoy. Some popular options for kids include Disney movies like Frozen or Pixar movies like Toy Story.
- Pick a cookie recipe that goes with the movie. For example, if you're watching Frozen, you could make snowflake-shaped cookies.
- Decorate your cookies while you watch the movie. You can even try to match your cookie designs to the characters or themes in the movie.
Cookie decorating parties are a fun and easy way to bring people together and create delicious treats. Whether you're hosting a party for kids or adults, there are plenty of recipes and decorating ideas to choose from. Gather your friends and family, put on your aprons, and get ready to make some delicious and beautiful cookies!