How to make Sensory Bags for Toddlers
Sensory bags are a great way to keep your toddlers engaged and entertained. They are a great tool for sensory play, which can help develop your child's cognitive, social, and emotional skills. The best part is that you can easily make sensory bags at home with just a few simple supplies. In this blog post, we will show you how to make sensory bags for toddlers using DIY methods, hair gel, ziplocs, food coloring, and other supplies.
To make sensory bags, you will need the following materials:
- Ziploc bags (gallon size)
- Hair gel
- Food coloring
- Tape (optional)
- Small toys, beads, or glitter (optional)
- Duct tape (optional)
Step 1: Prepare the Supplies
Before you start making the sensory bags, make sure you have all the supplies you need. You can buy hair gel, food coloring, and Ziploc bags at any grocery or dollar store. You can also choose to add small toys, beads, or glitter to your sensory bags for added texture and visual stimulation.
Step 2: Add Hair Gel
Once you have all your supplies ready, fill each Ziploc bag with hair gel. You can choose to fill the bags halfway or all the way, depending on your preference. You can also add a few drops of food coloring to the hair gel to give it a fun and colorful look.
Step 3: Add Small Toys, Beads, or Glitter
If you choose to add small toys, beads, or glitter to your sensory bags, now is the time to do so. Simply drop them into the bag with the hair gel and mix them in. You can also choose to add some water to make the hair gel thinner and easier to mix.
Step 4: Seal the Bag
Once you have added the hair gel and any other materials, seal the Ziploc bag tightly. You can also use duct tape to reinforce the seal and prevent any leaks. If you want to make the sensory bags more secure, you can also tape the opening shut.
Step 5: Let Your Toddler Play
Now that you have made your sensory bags, it's time to let your toddler play with them. Simply place the bags on a flat surface, such as a table or the floor, and let your child explore them. You can encourage your child to squish and squeeze the bags, move the toys around, and explore the different colors and textures.
Benefits of Sensory Bags for Toddlers
Sensory bags are a great tool for stimulating your toddler's senses and encouraging their cognitive, social, and emotional development. Here are some of the benefits of sensory bags for toddlers:
- Stimulates the senses: Sensory bags provide a variety of textures and colors that stimulate your child's senses and encourage exploration.
- Develops fine motor skills: Playing with sensory bags helps your child develop their fine motor skills, such as gripping and squeezing.
- Encourages imaginative play: Sensory bags can also encourage imaginative play, as your child explores the different textures and colors and creates their own stories and scenarios.
- Promotes social interaction: Sensory bags can be a great tool for promoting social interaction and communication between children, as they explore and play together.
Sensory bags are a great way to keep your toddler engaged and entertained, while also promoting their cognitive, social, and emotional development. By using simple DIY methods, hair gel, Ziploc bags, food coloring, and other supplies, you can easily make sensory bags at home. Try it out!